Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Need To Get Naked!!!


This is the third morning that I am up and awake, but not sweating at the gym. 
What is wrong with me?

So far, I have used a pluthra of excuses, and it has only been 3 days. 
Shall we inventory the excuses, thus far?
  • I'm too tired. If I don't have enough sleep it defeats the purpose of working out.
  • I think I am getting sick.
  • I will start the new routine tomorrow.
  • I'll go after work.  
  • I'll start Saturday because there is no excuse not to.
  • The walk to the gym is too far.
  • I don't want people to see me in the morning.
  • I didn't shave last night, and I don't want to look like Grizzly Adams.
  • I want to avoid certain people that go there.
Can anyone say "mess"? 
 
I did make baby steps today. I rinsed off, so that I could fix my hair, I got dressed, and I even sat down to put my shoes on. Can we just celebrate making it that far? No ...?
 
I want to promise that I will go tomorrow, but I am the easiest person to lie too. I need to up my game and cause myself to be motivated ... maybe out of fear. I need to set a goal with a purpose.
 
To this day, the best motivation I have ever had, and the thinnest I have ever been, was having to appear fully naked (full monty style) on stage for the last 30 minutes of the play that ran 3 months. I hit the gym twice a day and became a raw foodist. Where is that motivated little bitch now?

So, today I will rack my brain for my new motivation, and I may need to up the ante and put more on the line then getting more fit. I need to get started and find me new "naked" motivation.
 
Off I go to get ready for work, and to find my drive!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment