Saturday, November 3, 2012

WHEN DID I KNOW I WAS GAY? WHY WASN'T I LIKE FLETCHER AND BRAD?


When did I know I was gay?

Well, when I was 12ish I remember being drawn to River Phoenix in "Stand By Me." I discovered the movie like 5 years after it came out, and I remember "wanting to be more like him."

I knew that I "liked him" more than my friends Fletcher and Brad would like him. I didn't know how to classify the feelings, so "being gay" wasn't in my vernacular.

After a few years and repeated attractions, I got what it all meant. I was gay. Watching River in "My Own Private Idaho" years later confirmed my realization.

So I figured it out around the same time other boys were realizing girls were something that they wanted to pursue. I know I was born this way, because my path into sexual awakening always focused on guys. The same ways my friends day dreamt, jacked off to, wet dreamed about Alyssa Milano (Sorry Alyssa) or Topanga from "Boy Meets World", I thought about River and other guys. It wasn't a choice, because it was feelings that were part of my make up.

I am gay, and that's how it was meant to be the day I was born, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Gay men and women are amazing, and have traits and abilities that most straight people don't have, and the reverse, but I love it.

There is nothing better then a truly fun all nighter out at a gay bar with friends.

Was the path to come out easy? That is something else all together...

No comments:

Post a Comment